I work between the Val du Loir, Paris and India where I had been living for twenty years and from which I draw most of my inspiration. Venerable ruins, mysterious interiors, prolific jungle, shimmering colors and above all the people of India, so diverse and full of humanity.
My work comes from wandering travels throughout twenty states of India, by train, car and motorcycle. I used to make quick sketches or took photos of the scenes, events which stroke me and I transformed them into paintings when back in my studio.
Originally a business consultant, I am essentially self taught in painting but also trained by the Ateliers de la Ville de Paris. I started to show my work in India, then moved back to France. Critics see my work as non conceptual but imaginative, spontaneous and somewhat eclectic. I do draw some inspiration from Masters like Matisse, Vuillard or Gauguin.
Future & Recent Exhibitions :
- August 2022 – ‘Chroniques Indiennes’ Galerie de la Font Eus Pyrénnées Orientales 66500, France
- May 2022 – ‘Chroniques Indiennes’ Caveau des Récollets – Montval sur Loir 72150 France
- December 2021 ‘Duo show with sculptor Julita Moussette’ Galerie Aubert de Rycke Marçon 72340, France
- May 2021 – ‘ Participation in a group show’ Galerie Z&O – La Chartre sur le Loir 72340, France
- March 2020 – ‘Reminiscence of India’ Gallery Art Indus, New-Delhi India
- November 2018 – ‘Ephémérides Indiennes’ Galerie Lord Byron – Paris, France
- May 2018 ‘Glimpses of India’ Bikaner House – New-Delhi, India
- October 2017 Private show, Paris France